D8709: [WIP] Add VcsAnnotationItemDelegate, for control of rendering, menus and tooltip

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 8 12:27:31 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8709#165695, @brauch wrote:

  > Random thought, not sure if useful/technically feasible: the border could also behave like a splitter, allowing to resize it.

  Sounds useful to me, given the annotation content has no preknown sizes, so personal customization like in similar situations would be handy (I know I had the impulse to resize things a few times already).
  When doing the delegate API, I had such a potential feature in mind. The delegate/KDevelop code here is prepared for it, it just renders into the rect it is told to :)

  Should be implementable by adding the needed code to the KateView helper elements. Not on my personal TODO plan though.

  Still does not solve the challenge for a sane default width. But would at least allow to tune things to one's need (ideally the width being remembered per view, also across session reload).

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8709