Alternative menu for working sets?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon May 29 09:06:25 UTC 2017

On Monday, 29 May 2017 10:33:12 CEST Alexander Zhigalin wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> As you might know, plasma is currently being shipped with menubar relocation
> technology, which permits to locate an application menu on a panel or
> collapse it into a button in the window heading. This is perfectly working
> with KDevelop.

Got a screenshot? Would be happy to post that on kdevelop.org, if it looks
fancy enough :)

> I am currently using this great feature with a dedicated collapsible panel
> on top of my screen and we developers know how important the vertical
> screen space is. Except, I am not longer able to access my working sets
> because they have no menu... Shall we create an alternative menu/toolbar
> for it?

That makes sense. We have the same problem^Wfeature on macOS -- having a
separate menu item / toolbar action would be beneficial. The same is true for
the 'Area switching button', by the way.

It would be nice to *automatically* have these actions in the main toolbar
next to the outline line edit, in case the menu bar got relocated.

Patches welcome I guess? :)

Cheers,
Kevin