D5707: Normalize line endings when creating ParseJob from background file.

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 14 10:33:22 UTC 2017

mwolff requested changes to this revision.
mwolff added a comment.

  Sorry, but I'm against pushing it as-is. Doing the optimization isn't hard, you are more or less prematurely pessimizing it here. And if you want to put this into anything but master, having a proper unit test is a must anyways I'd say.

  So, please if at all possible at least write a unit test. And then use something like this instead of the two replace calls (untested):

    QByteArray normalizeLineEndings(QByteArray text)
    {
        for (int i = 0, s = text.size(); i < s; ++i) {
            if (text[i] != '\r') {
                continue;
            } else if (i + 1 < s && text[i + 1] == '\n') {
                text.remove(i, 1);
            } else {
                text[i] = '\n';
            }
        }
        return text;
    }

  Note that by making it a free function in some util header, we can properly unit test it.

INLINE COMMENTS

> parsejob.cpp:82
>
> +    void normalizeLineEndings() {
> +        // TODO: Optimization, could do this in one pass.

put the { on its own line

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL