D5803: ContextBrowserPlugin: fix using selection foreground for search highlights

Ivan Shapovalov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 10 22:55:16 UTC 2017

intelfx created this revision.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kdevelop-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is not an actual pull-request but rather an RFC (request for comments) from
  the KTextEditor, Kate and KDevelop developers, because I failed to solicit any
  feedback on the kdevelop-devel@ and kwrite-devel@ mailing lists.

  (http://kde.6490.n7.nabble.com/Properly-porting-Solarized-to-Kate-KDevelop-need-to-change-behavior-of-search-result-highlighting-td1655274.html)

  While trying to make an exact port of Solarized to Kate/KDevelop (more details in
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5802), I've noticed a possible behavior-changing bug in context browser plugin.

  (https://phabricator.kde.org/D5802)

  The code seems to hint at using selection foreground for use-highlighted regions,
  but uses normal foreground instead (which incidentally falls in line with behavior
  for all other highlighting). I could just change it to avoid this uncertainty,
  but the hinted-at behavior is what I want for Solarized.

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

BRANCH
  selection-foreground-for-search-highlights

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5803

AFFECTED FILES
  plugins/contextbrowser/contextbrowser.cpp