D5621: Install xdg mimetype definitions for OpenCL C & CUDA C

Aaron Puchert noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 8 23:53:01 UTC 2017

aaronpuchert added a comment.

  By the way, I posted the question to Khronos. Their preferred channel <https://www.khronos.org/about/technical-support/> seems to be opening an issue on one of their GitHub repositories. So I opened issue #27 <https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCL-Registry/issues/27> at the OpenCL Registry <https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCL-Registry>. However, I do not expect an answer. From Khronos' point of view OpenCL source code is just a string in memory. Compiling OpenCL directly from file is not possible. (As far as I know the API.)

  I'm not sure there will ever be a standard type. Not even for C there is: while `shared-mime-info` defines it as `text/x-csrc`, I get `text/x-c` when running `file -i` on a C source file.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

BRANCH
  addcudaopenclmimetypes