CMAKE_HOME_DIRECTORY error/warning message?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 13:08:32 UTC 2017

René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> What does this new message mean?
>
> error!! QJsonObject({"cookie":"","errorMessage":"Failed to activate protocol
> version: \"CMAKE_HOME_DIRECTORY\" is set but incompatible with configured
> source directory value.","inReplyTo":"handshake","type":"error"})

And above all, is it related to the fact that I'm seeing parsing errors in many
of my configured projects due to header files no longer being found?

NB: many of my projects are set up according to a probably unusual method: the
build directory lives on a special partition, in parallel to the source
directory:

/path/to/source
/path/to/build

(cd /path/to/build ; cmake /path/to/source)

with the unusual bit that /path/to/source is often a symlink to the actual
source tree on a different partition.

If and how I do this kind of thing shouldn't be any of KDevelop's concern; as
long as files can be accessed via the expected path they could be stored on the
moon with anyone have to worry about that.

R.