Kdevelop CMake support is broken

Sergey Kalinichev kalinichev.so.0 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 08:43:33 UTC 2017

Hey Aleix,

Currently Kdevelop CMake support is broken for me:

CMakeServerImportJob::processResponse : unhandled message
QJsonObject({"supportedProtocolVersions":[{"isExperimental":true,"major":1,"minor":0}],"type":"hello"})
CMakeServerImportJob::processResponse : error!!
QJsonObject({"cookie":"","errorMessage":"Failed to activate protocol
version: CMAKE_GENERATOR is set but incompatible with configured
generator value.","inReplyTo":"handshake","type":"error"})
CMakeManager::createImportJob(KDevelop::ProjectFolderItem*)::<lambda :
couldn't load json successfully

This began happening after:

commit 752167bb480eb51ede6d664d235ce6aee5c5d74b
Author: Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org>
Date:   Sat Mar 4 00:34:28 2017 +0100

    Refactor to embrace a cmake server import backend

I've noticed that this patch requires CMake 3.7.2, but I'm using
3.7.0. Does it mean that older CMake versions not supported anymore?
If so shouldn't there be some user visible indication (message box or
qWarning at least)? Because currently it simply doesn't work and
messages like "Failed to activate protocol version: CMAKE_GENERATOR is
set but incompatible with configured generator value." doesn't really
ring a bell about outdated CMake version.

--
Sergey