D4772: projectmanagerview: Make cut-paste work by fixing project manager's Paste action

Alexander Potashev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 10 06:46:33 UTC 2017

aspotashev added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mwolff wrote in projectmanagerviewplugin.cpp:4
> only 2017, or did you work on this in 2016 already?

Changed to 2017. I worked on Cut in 2016 (the other patch).

> mwolff wrote in projectmanagerviewplugin.cpp:823
> I'd welcome if you could move the ui setup stuff into a `.ui` file created with designer

I attempted to implement the UI setup as a .ui file, but decided that it won't be clean enough, for example:

1. I couldn't insert an icon into .ui as it requires a QPixmap, while QIcon::fromTheme returns QIcon and that requires run-time conversion to a pixmap.
2. Couldn't find out how to replace iconLayout->addStretch(1) in .ui: vertical spacers have no property "stretch" in Qt Designer.

Btw, the UI code is based on implementation of KF5's KMessageBox.

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D4772