D6436: Fix crash on clicking "Show documentation for xyz" in code tooltip

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 29 18:33:32 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  Thanks for review!

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in abstractnavigationcontext.cpp:250
> maybe `Q_DECLARE_METATYPE` in `idocumentation.h`?

There is already a `Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(KDevelop::IDocumentation::Ptr)`, but seems that does not work, there was a runtime error about the type not being known when I relied on that initially.
API dox of qRegisterMetaType mentions that it is needed for typedefs and QueuedConnections, so might be the case here as well (`using Ptr = QExplicitlySharedDataPointer<IDocumentation>;` inside `IDocumentation` class declaration).
Not sure if this was perhaps due to no `KDevelop::` prefix used with the slot argument type?
I stopped experimenting when I read the API dox comment (and when things worked ;) ).
Some expert reading this who could lift the curtain on the details?

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

BRANCH
  fixcrashondocslinkfromtooltip