D6355: Group abstract overrides in clang completion

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 28 09:04:00 UTC 2017

apol added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6355#119988, @kossebau wrote:

  > Usually I have some motivation to (re-)implement some certain virtual method (e.g. following a tutorial or documentation), and then I know already the name and also might not really care if the base method is abstract or not, that is a minor detail similar to constness.
  >  Having to scan two separate lists possibly to find the method will mean extra time spent on many occasions without too much gain.

  I don't think that's true by far. Leaf classes are obviously more common and it makes sense just to declare them as soon as possible. Note that override entries will disappear as soon as they're already overriden.

  > Not sure autocompletion should be used for that.

  It's been like this since early KDevelop 4, I wouldn't change it now, especially not with the current state where the abstract ones are just hidden.

  > That aside, "Abstract Override" as term should see some more thinking, at least in Scala this has a different meaning :) No better proposal right now myself.

  Do you have a proposal? Otherwise it's just bit-rotting...

  Personally, I just see this as a regression from switch to clang.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D6355