D6625: Fix crash on view split action invoked from tabbar context menu

Kevin Funk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 11 12:17:52 UTC 2017

kfunk added a subscriber: graesslin.
kfunk added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kossebau wrote in container.cpp:625
> No, that would be overkill IMHO. No need for QPointer stuff, as using QMenu::exec() already points out we expect the menu object to survive until after this call (as the method otherwise crashes).
>
> If this would be my code (e.g. Okteta), I would just go back to stack-based QMenu :)
> But other KDevelop developers might have more experience, so I concentrated just on the windowhandle setting in this patch for now.

Fine with going back to the stack-based `QMenu` then. Feel free to revert my patches which turned it into a heap-allocated one.

> kossebau wrote in container.cpp:630
> I am not aware of any. "<= 5.9" was just for adding a note about at what time/state the comment was added, so some future code reader would know whether it makes sense to investigate for improved Qt support.
>
> Guess that text needs rewording then :) Any proposal?

There must be an easier way to accomplish this, though, no?

@graesslin Do you have an idea how to make this work? /me has no idea about Wayland's needs...

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL