D6625: Fix crash on view split action invoked from tabbar context menu

Kevin Funk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 11 11:31:17 UTC 2017

kfunk requested changes to this revision.
kfunk added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> container.cpp:625
>
> -    QPointer<QMenu> menu = new QMenu(senderWidget);
> +    QScopedPointer<QMenu> menu(new QMenu);
> +    // At least for positioning on Wayland the window the menu belongs to

`QScopedPointer` indeed doesn't really make sense. This has basically the same semantics as if `QMenu` would have been created on the stack.

Idea: Let's use `KDevelop::ScopedDialog` from https://phabricator.kde.org/R33:7cda7c95d5bfa93f34c5a52df17480c248a8367c?

Let's backport that patch and use it(?)

> container.cpp:630
> +    // destruct the menu object
> +    // Workaround (best known for <= Qt 5.9):
> +    menu->winId(); // trigger native widget already, to ensure windowHandle

Could you add the code which we can use starting with > Qt 5.9? In #ifdefs obviously...

Makes it easier to port code once we start depending on this Qt version.

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D6625