D6531: Sublime::Container : set sorted open document list as Dock menu

"René J.V. Bertin" noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 7 08:32:17 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  I must admit I use split mode so infrequently that I never really registered that each view has its own document list menu.

  How can we integrate these two features? I see two global approaches:

  1. Let the Dock menu reflect the doc list of the active view
  2. Somehow merge all document list menus and show an exhaustive menu in the Dock

  Option 1) will be the simpler one to implement provided there is (or can be) a Container method/slot that gets called when you activate one of its documents. I tried `Container::widgetActivated()` but that one apparently doesn't get called when you click in a document that was already open (but in a different container than the current one). It could also be the more confusing implementation.

  Option 2) will depend on whether user Dock menus can have submenus (I think but to be confirmed) or else we'd need to use separators between the lists from different containers. Do these containers have internal names that have meaning for the user or else how to name the submenus? And of course, who will own the merged menu (or do we make it a global static)?

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D6531