[Differential] [Commented On] D4250: Add :vsplit and :split support in kdevelop

Laurent George noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 31 08:05:31 UTC 2017

head7 added a comment.

  Just a last question, with this commit when we do a :vsplit it splits the view "horizontally" (one buffer above the other") and :hsplit split the view "vertically" (one buffer on the left of the other).

  It's the same behavior as in kate, but it's the opposite as in the original vi/vim.

  What do you think ?
  1- Should we invert the behavior only in KdevPlatform ?
  2- Should I propose a modification to the KtextEditor team, so vsplit and hsplit really mimick vi/vim ?
  3- Should we keep this behavior, and hope the vim user get to this new habit ?

  In my point of view the 2 solution is the best but it could break the kate user habit if they already use this feature.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D4250

EMAIL PREFERENCES