[Differential] [Commented On] D4339: Feature: add support for type Enum to entries of file template options

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 30 14:51:58 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4339#81270, @mwolff wrote:

  > what will this be used for? how does it look like?

  As you already might have seen :) example here: https://phabricator.kde.org/D4340#46a1eba3

INLINE COMMENTS

> mwolff wrote in sourcefiletemplate.cpp:90
> "values", since that name is also used below?

The .kcfg format reused here has "choices" and "choice" defined as element names, cmp.
http://www.kde.org/standards/kcfg/1.0/kcfg.xsd

While I see some small issues with that reuse, unless we design a new special schema perhaps one day IMHO we should follow the defined and referenced one, anything else will only confuse 3rd-party devs.

> mwolff wrote in sourcefiletemplate.h:211
> for now?

I was following the pattern of the other API dox comments here. What do you mean with "for now"? :)
BTW, maxValue/minValue and values are never used together, so could be made alternative options. But given this class will have only few instances, I stayed away for now to make this code more complicated by memory-optimizing it. Agreed?

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D4339