somewhat misleading CMake output

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:44:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

FYI, a relatively minor thing. Observed when cmake'ing KDevPlatform:

 * Qt5Qml (required version >= 5.7.1)
 * Qt5Quick (required version >= 5.7.1)
 * Qt5Network (required version >= 5.7.1)
 * Qt5WebKit (required version >= 5.7.1)

Given that the toplevel CMake file claims that the minimum required Qt version is 5.4.0 the claims about 5.7.1 above seem a bit bold.
I noticed elsewhere that you get this when refer to Qt5::Qml/Qt5::Quick/Qt5::Network/Qt5::WebKit without having included them in the

find_package(Qt5 ${QT_MIN_VERSION} ...)

statement or a dedicated find_package call that provides the minimum accepted version.

I presume there are no building issues because all those components are dependencies of components that are found explicitly. The output can just be a bit misleading to packagers who no longer can be completely certain which information to trust.

R.