webengine part

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:48:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

After installing the new Konqueror I saw a "webengine" entry popping up among the internal options to open an SVG file. That's Konqueror's webengine KPart. Sure enough KDevelop crashed immediately when I tried to use it because of a shared OpenGL context issue that requires setting

QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts);

before the QApplication instance is created. A one-line change for which I'm not going to do a RR but that may have implications I cannot oversee, so I'm just reporting it here.

Something still doesn't work right after making that change, btw, but at least there's no more crashing.

R.