[Differential] [Commented On] D4714: Fix a crash when gdb produces malformed output.

Aetf noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 22 19:58:13 UTC 2017

qi437103 added a comment.

  I name it after "wild pointer" because both of them are dangling around :P

  In most of the cases the whole IDE simply crashes, so the debug session can't continue anyway. There's one change of behavior though. Before this patch, KDevelop will ignore the reply without a pending command if the reply is a done/running. Now this will be reported and cause an exit of the debug session.

  None of these should ever happen in theory, but if they do, some thing must be wrong in kdevelop or the debugger. So I think it's better to inform the user and encourage a bug report.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

BRANCH
  debugger-error-handling