kdev-valgrind plugin update

Anton Anikin anton.anikin at htower.ru
Mon Feb 20 06:11:17 UTC 2017

Hi, guys!

Today I pushed almost all my improvements of kdev-valgrind plugin to the
master branch. Now it seems to be enough stable and ready for everyday
using. Build and test it, please, if you have some free time.

Main updates:

1) The plugin code was totally cleaned and reworked. Previous version
contains tons of old code, which was bad-structured in many cases. New
version seems to be more simple to next updates and maintain.

2) Many UI fixes and improvements. Tools views now have some useful
features, like ability to run visualizer (KCachegrind for example) by
simple clicking on the button. And if you close the visualizer it can be
opened again - old version starts it once after analyze finish (if such
setting was selected).

3) New plugin setting allows to hide Valgrind messages in the output
view (default behavior). I think this mode is more convenient for most
users.

4) New Valgrind tools support:
   * Helgrind: a thread error detector
   * DRD: a thread error detector

I'm waiting for your comments and suggestions. I think it will be great
to include this plugin into main KDevelop tree after testing and final
polishing fixes.

--
Anton