[Differential] [Commented On] D4490: WIP: Some KDevelop specific file templates

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 20 01:24:22 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  Guess one template type does not fit all developers :)
  All I can tell is that, as already stated initially, for my workflow those template snippets have worked well and were designed following my needs, other than a full-featured template variant which I even wrote first for myself.
  I found having to manually cut a full-featured template down to the things I only needed spoiled the idea of a quick "need X" -> "have X" + having to enter some options or being confronted with I did not care for. Also did it not fit the iterative development of the plugins I did, where I only added feature by feature, starting small with a minimal plugin with basic functionality and making sure after each little step that things worked and initially even had no clear idea what the plugin should do in the end (he, some call that "agile" ;) ).

  Surely there are other use-cases (like the mentioned "demo project" and development models or conditions where a full-featured template fits better than these small bits. So we might look into having both approaches perhaps.

  But then I also still think this:
  [Freitag, 17. Februar 2017] [09:25:21 CET] <frinring> kfunk: okay, so thanks for feedback. seems in the current state they should not be in, as the overhead of maintainance and risk of bitrot might not match the possible usefulness to users, given the oddness. so will keep as WIP for now and first see to improve the wizard. perhaps I could instead upload them to store.kde.org, so people interested still have access

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D4490