[Differential] [Requested Changes To] D4411: UnknownDeclarationProblem: scan headers on a background thread to preserve GUI responsiveness (WIP)

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 2 22:12:44 UTC 2017

mwolff requested changes to this revision.
mwolff added a reviewer: mwolff.
mwolff added a comment.

  sorry, but nested eventloops are a no-go.

  the api has to be restructured to allow async assistants. until that is not done, shoehorning it in this way is a clear -2 from my side

INLINE COMMENTS

> unknowndeclarationproblem.cpp:71
>
> +static bool interrupted = false;
> +

probably needs to be atomic? and try to push it into one of the classes

> unknowndeclarationproblem.cpp:73
> +
> +class UDPScanEventLoop : public QEventLoop
> +{

what is UDP?

> unknowndeclarationproblem.cpp:270
>
> +#if 0
> +    QCoreApplication::sendPostedEvents();

?? remove

> unknowndeclarationproblem.cpp:754
> +    interrupted = false;
> +    UDPScanEventLoop eventLoop;
> +    ClangFixits unknownDeclFixits;

nested eventloops are a no-go

> unknowndeclarationproblem.cpp:758
> +    UDPWorkerThread::connect(scanThread, &UDPWorkerThread::finished, scanThread, &QObject::deleteLater);
> +#if 0
> +    unknownDeclFixits = scanThread->fixUnknownDeclaration();

?? remove

REPOSITORY
  R782 KDevelop Clang Integration

REVISION DETAIL