Phabricator: All repositories registered - upcoming workflow changes

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 09:16:50 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 9:26 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday February 1 2017 20:59:46 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
> Hi
>

>>While I have yet to test it, Reviewboard does use quite a bit of AJAX
>>and other dynamic resources - so I won't be surprised to find out that
>>the usual mechanisms for creating static copies of sites don't produce
>>a workable result.
>
> Hmmm, I think one doesn't need to be logged in in order to consult and download things, correct? If so, disabling authentication is all that's needed to make the site read-only.

We'd still have to keep the software running, and up to date (to avoid
it becoming a security risk).

I'd prefer to optimise our resources towards keeping what we are
actively using in the best condition, rather than having to remain
concerned with keeping legacy systems running for purely archival
purposes.

We have a significant amount of systems already (and associated
technical debt in some instances). Let's not make the problem any
worse please.

> R.

Cheers,
Ben