D9316: Remove KF5::ItemModels from public interface of KDevPlatformUtil

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 14 12:47:43 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  @brauch @kfunk I see your point in general. Just allow me to represent the case, initial patch was too much focussed on removing the lib dep

  The old API of MultiLevelListView was using the raw KSelectionProxyModel::FilterBehavior enum in the API, as also used in the actual implementation.
  Just, most values of that enum do not make sense with the idea of MultiLevelListView, actually it is just two of them, matching two different modes:

  - showing complete subtrees in the view of the last level
  - showing just the children of that level

  The updated patch now also improves the API of MultiLevelListView to describe the actual design of the class, instead of being driven by implementation details as before.

  Like @aaronpuchert said, here it is just a one directional mapping to a subset of the enum. That a KSelectionProxyModel is used behind the scenes is completely irrelevant to the API of MultiLevelListView itself, actually only confuses the API consumer if exposed.

  Does it make more sense to you now? I should have done the API improvement already in the initial patch, blame me for being lazy here.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9316