D9316: Remove KF5::ItemModels from public interface of KDevPlatformUtil

Aaron Puchert noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 14 00:55:24 UTC 2017

aaronpuchert added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9316#179221, @kfunk wrote:

  > It's adding code which we need to maintain (what if the `KSelectionProxyModel::FilterBehavior` enum is extended?)

  Since `MultiLevelListView::FilterBehavior` is translated //into// `KSelectionProxyModel::FilterBehavior`, there should be no problem if the latter is extended. Of course one could think about also extending the former then, but I don't see something terrible happen if we don't.

  My understanding isn't very deep here, but maybe we wouldn't want to blindly allow all values of `KSelectionProxyModel::FilterBehavior`? Say if there is a new value added, but we don't want to allow it, how would we do that? Right now we're enabling `KSelectionProxyModel` to extend the interface of `MultiLevelListView`, which doesn't exactly follow the OOP doctrine. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but it deserves some further consideration.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9316