D9159: Mark more classes & structs as Q_MOVABLE_TYPE/Q_PRIMITIVE_TYPE

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 5 13:59:02 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9159#176080, @mwolff wrote:

  > which types didn't you understand? Also, if in doubt, you can use `QTypeInfoMerger`: https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/global/qtypeinfo.h.html#133

  There are some types in duchain IIRC (sadly dropped any lists I had created manually only) which involve lots of other templated types, and I could not easily track down the involved types to check if there are any self-referencing ones involved (i.e. with pointers to its own internal data structures) which would prevent marking them movable.

  The missing-typeinfo check from clazy has had far fewer hits than I found manually (possibly because it avoids being too clever when it comes to unknown types which could keep pointers to itself)?

  So while the list of types in this patch is list is long, it sadly is incomplete as the patch was created manually based on some grep over the sources for types used with qlist/qvector/qmap and investigating each type manually.

  Is there some more proper way for doing this? :)

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9159