global destruction (dis)order (BUG 383361)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 20:55:31 UTC 2017

On Thursday August 10 2017 18:53:38 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> On the terminal:
>
> 0x7faa6cd46a20 "kdevquickopen" "Quick Open" deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
> 0x7faa6cd48e80 "kdevcontextbrowser" "Code Browser" deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
> 0x7faa6cdbe930 "kdevswitchtobuddy" "Switch to Buddy" deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.

I may have found a way to reproduce the underlying issue:

- click on the refresh button in the Problem toolview
- hit the quit keyboard shortcut as soon as the progressbar appears

0x7f9fcb3f2790 "kdevquickopen" "Quick Open" deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
0x7f9fcb510c70 "kdevcontextbrowser" "Code Browser" deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
0x7f9fcb547310 "kdevswitchtobuddy" "Switch to Buddy" deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
0x7f9fcb6147d0 "kdevclangsupport" "C++ Support" deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.

I think we can safely presume that kdevclangsupport didn't show up in the previous warning list because KDevelop crashed before the warning could be printed.

Is it somehow possible that the global destruction process continues while doing the wait-for-background-parser from commit #6fb014383, deleting a number of KXMLGUIClients before they could be removed from the factory OR simply taking down the factory?

R.