global destruction (dis)order

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 09:47:28 UTC 2017

On Wednesday August 09 2017 09:57:35 Kevin Funk wrote:

> m_mWin (used in ZealSearchView::~ZealSearchView()) should indeed be valid at
> that point; all the other Kate/KTE plugins use the pointer to the main window
> unconditionally.

Yeah, there's no reason it would be null at that point if not also null in the ctor.

> No, the object (this) is half-destructed at this point. The warning comes from
> KXMLGUIClient::~KXMLGUIClient().

I know. I half expected KXMLGUIClient to inherit a Qt type with meta info but no such luck. Still, as far as I understand, the standard C++ type_info data should persist until the application exits but I'm not getting anything useful out of it.

Looks like I'll have to print a few frames of stack backtrace after that warning if the issue confirms itself. Or turn the qWarning into a qFatal.

Cheers,
R.