Merging kdevplatform into kdevelop

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Aug 7 15:25:59 UTC 2017

On Monday, 7 August 2017 17:13:46 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>
wrote:
> > On Monday, 7 August 2017 16:30:28 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> Just FYI, we are looking into having kdevplatform merged into kdevelop
> >> before KDevelop 5.2 release.
> >>
> >> i18n: is there anything we can do to make it easier on i18n?
> >
> > Thanks for the notice: luckily they are in the same "logical" namespace,
> > so: - most of the po file will be extracted as before (just from
> > different repositories)
> > - the po file with the translations for desktop files from kdevplatform
> > should be merged with the po file etc etc from kdevelop; same for json.
> > Those are the big changes.
> >
> > We still need to fix the i18n branches.
>
> Brilliant.
> What needs changing exactly?

Fix the i18n.json files in repo-metadata, but also some scripts in i18n
branches on SVN; even if you do the merge, the 5.1 branch (tracked as well)
should behave as before.

> > When do you plan to do the merge (roughly)?
>
> I should do it this week, as next week I'm away. Or otherwise someone
> else can do it, or when I'm back in September.

If Albert or Burkhard are around then this week is fine, otherwise I would
wait (I'm going on vacation from tomorrow evening until Sunday).

Ciao
--
Luigi