Merging kdevplatform into kdevelop

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Aug 7 14:40:22 UTC 2017

On Monday, 7 August 2017 16:30:28 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> Just FYI, we are looking into having kdevplatform merged into kdevelop
> before KDevelop 5.2 release.
>
> i18n: is there anything we can do to make it easier on i18n?

Thanks for the notice: luckily they are in the same "logical" namespace, so:
- most of the po file will be extracted as before (just from different
repositories)
- the po file with the translations for desktop files from kdevplatform should
be merged with the po file etc etc from kdevelop; same for json. Those are the
big changes.

We still need to fix the i18n branches.

When do you plan to do the merge (roughly)?

(PS: I didn't know about i18n-infrastructure@)

--
Luigi