D5632: Look for Cppcheck & heaptrack as RUNTIME dependencies

Kevin Funk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 28 12:23:16 UTC 2017

kfunk requested changes to this revision.
kfunk added a comment.

  Uh, careful here. This suggests those binaries are *required* at runtime.

  From https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/module/FeatureSummary.html:

  > Last, a RUNTIME package is a package which is actually not used at all during the build, but which is required for actually running the resulting binaries.

  Please make double-sure packagers are aware this is only a *suggestion*, not required at runtime for KDevelop to function properly. Maybe rephrase the `PURPOSE` field:
  `PURPOSE "Suggestion: Required for the heaptrack plugin"`?

  TBH, I'm not sure we need this patch at all.

INLINE COMMENTS

> Findheaptrack_gui.cmake:1
> +# Find the heaptrack_gui executable
> +#

Would merge that into `FindHeaptrack.cmake`. It's the same project.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5632