D5621: Install xdg mimetype definitions for OpenCL C & CUDA C

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 28 00:11:36 UTC 2017

kossebau added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aaronpuchert wrote in kdevclang.xml:12
> Yes, that is the official name <https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenCL/specs/opencl-2.0-openclc.pdf> of the language. I'd also argue that the mime type should be `text/x-opencl-csrc`.
>
> The reason being that there is also OpenCL C++ <https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenCL/specs/opencl-2.2-cplusplus.pdf> (since OpenCL 2.1 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCL#OpenCL_2.1>), though that is not yet supported by Clang.

@aaronpuchert Could you introduce us KDevelop developers to any people who are active in the OpenCL developer scene and who would have the knowledge and motivation to push for proper mimetype ids now?
There is no shared-mime-info release out yet with the current `text/x-opencl-src`, so if we are quick we can fix things before they reach more people for a begin.

Just saw in the KDE software world already another mimetype has been in use: `text/x-clsrc`. as part of the syntax highlight definition for OpenCL:
https://cgit.kde.org/syntax-highlighting.git/tree/data/syntax/opencl.xml#n7

The alias noted here in the mimetype definition, `text/x-opencl` can seen in even more places.
And someone is using `text/x-opencl_c` and `application/x-opencl_c`: https://github.com/rtms/rouge/blob/master/lib/rouge/lexers/opencl_c.rb#L14

So it really needs someone from the active OpenCL scene to tell the IDEs and systems what to use as id. Can you make the difference? :) Any Khronos channels you are on where you could poke people to decide on one, and perhaps even register with IANA?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5621