[Differential] [Commandeered] D2792: fix KDevelop::JobStatus for "short-lived" jobs

mwolff (Milian Wolff) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 20 18:11:13 UTC 2016

mwolff commandeered this revision.
mwolff added a reviewer: antonanikin.
mwolff added a comment.

  sorry, but can you please clarify again what the actual problem is, and why this patch is required to fix it? to me,it seems as if you change a lot in this patch which is unrelated to what you actually want to fix.

  furthermore, if a job emits any percent and then finishes without emitting the 100% before, I think we should handle that gracefully here, but introducing a timer that starts after the first percent comes in, does not sound like the proper solution to me. why not simply handle that in slotFinished? Or I simply misunderstand all of this?

  Please give a step by step outline of what happens now, and then show what you want to happen instead

INLINE COMMENTS

> jobstatus.cpp:58
> -
> -    connect(job, &KJob::infoMessage, this, [this](KJob*, const QString& plain, const QString&) {
> -        emit showMessage(this, plain);

why change this? undo please

> jobstatus.h:65
>  private:
> -    QScopedPointer<JobStatusPrivate> const d;

unrelated change which introduces a memory leak - undo

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D2792