default debugger executables

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:44:20 UTC 2016

On Wednesday September 14 2016 17:50:53 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 9:35 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> IIRC the attach action is provided by the debug plugin itself..

The action of attaching, indeed, yes. Maybe the widget to pick a process to attach to, too, but what difference does it make which KDevelop component provides the feature?

BTW, I did notice 2 sets of entries in the Run menu on my Linux system where I have both plugins installed. It wouldn't really make sense if that's really because the gdb and lldb plugins both provide the same features. I'm not sure if and how you'd want to expose a debugger choice each time the user moves to debug an already running process, but presenting 2 identical menu items doesn't seem the way to go.

R.