Problem with commit "Improved StatusbarProgressDidget that looks better on OS X and Linux"

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:38:40 UTC 2016

OK... I thought I had sent this message, bummer.

> iconSize.scale( maximumHeight - 2, maximumHeight - 2, Qt::KeepAspectRatio );

Let me see if I understand this correctly.

The progressbar widget isn't always visible, so something must be done to prevent that the bar that hosts it resizes when the widget becomes in/visible. This is not working correctly at the moment, but is supposed to be handled by StatusbarProgressWidget::setMode() which sets the progresswidget to show the (empty) QLabel.

It seemed evident that giving that QLabel a fixed height equal to the height of the tallest widget (the QToolButton) should address the issue, but it doesn't.

Am I wrong somewhere in this reasoning?

R.