[Differential] [Commented On] D2958: QtCreator-style "Focus Editor or Hide Docks"

apol (Aleix Pol Gonzalez) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 24 12:10:38 UTC 2016

apol added a comment.

  I'd say we need to get this one right, otherwise we'll end up with something weird. As I see it there's 2 changes here and I'd like to have them separately:

  - View shortcuts toggle: 2 states (visible, hidden) instead of 3 (visible, focused, hidden).
    - you call that QtCreator style. I'd say we can find a more meaningful name than that.
    - would it maybe make sense to just make the 2 states the new default? We can have some discussion WRT how people should give a toolview the focus and what are the use-cases.
  - Locking sides
    - I see why you want it but I really think it's a corner use-case. I haven't seen a bug report complaining about it. I suggest moving the action to the context menu at least, so we can have some text explaining what it does and so it doesn't add clutter.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D2958