[Differential] [Request, 58 lines] D3073: Feature "Diff From Branch" on BranchManager

coliveira (Carlos Nihelton) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 16 15:15:39 UTC 2016

coliveira created this revision.
coliveira added reviewers: kfunk, apol.
coliveira set the repository for this revision to rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kdevelop-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Hi guys,

  I was annoyed by the fact that I couldn't create diffs in KDevelop (using git plugin at least) after having committed the changes to any branch. So I added a button on BranchManager UI to allow creation of diffs between the current branch and any branch selected in the list view. In current implementation it uses the command line "git diff --no-color --no-ext-diff --cached <branch> -- <path>", thus, it includes the staging area. If it's clean, it differs from the last commit.

  This diff was generated using this feature.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3073