[Differential] [Commented On] D3040: Allow scaling documentation view (BUG 285162)

igorkushnir (Igor Kushnir) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 12 18:42:52 UTC 2016

igorkushnir added a comment.

  I tried to allow configuring documentation zoom actions shortcuts: F360125: configurable-zoom-shortcuts-attempt.patch <https://phabricator.kde.org/F360125>

  However I don't think that this patch is good enough, and I'm not sure if this configuration is necessary.

  Patch advantages:

  1. Zoom shortcuts are configurable.
  2. One ZoomActions object is created at KDevelop start instead of creating a new object on each documentation provider switch or after returning to documentation home.

  Patch disadvantages:

  1. It's unclear that zoom actions in the shortcut configuration window are related to the documentation view because generic zoom action UI names are placed in the KDevelop action group
  2. Future zoom action shortcut collisions are possible.
  3. Introduces changes to otherwise untouched documentationview, documentationcontroller.
  4. More complicated code structure including qobject_cast, which breaks encapsulation.

  Maybe we don't really need to be able to configure these shortcuts...
  For example all other documentation view action don't have configurable shortcuts either.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3040