Slowness of kdev-clang for some projects

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Tue Oct 4 22:56:50 UTC 2016

Hi David,

On 05/10/16 00:21, David Nolden wrote:
> I think the time is spent within clang.
That certainly, this much my testing so far confirmed.

> Alternatively, modified source files with all function bodies cut out
> could be fed into clang for those headers which are up-to-date.
As far as I understand, this is exactly what the "precompiled headers"
(PCH) stuff should prevent, right? It should keep cached versions of
each header around, such that not all the headers need to be re-parsed
on each update.

But I agree, it seems likely that the issue is something related to
that, i.e. my guess is that the issue is caused by the PCH stuff not
working under some circumstances, causing all headers to be re-parsed.

Greetings,
Sven