[Differential] [Commented On] D2902: [kdevplatform] font settings for the documentation view

antonanikin (Anton Anikin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 3 00:46:05 UTC 2016

antonanikin added a comment.

  System font settings applied only for UI elements, not for `QWebView` therefore any web browser has own font settings dialog. The system font is usually a Sans Serif font, but HTML engines also requires Serif font settings for "normal quality" rendering. And last - same font size setting (12 e.g.) for UI and Web-content produces fonts which are not equals (Web font is smaller).

  The simplest way to "fix" documentation fonts - only increase it's size to "normal" values (according with current system font size). But then we have the problem - default font families for Sans, Serif Serif and Monospace fonts. My test shows that `QWebView` gets font families from `fontconfig` (e.g. `fc-match monospace`) and ignores KDE's System Settings. But most of users don't change `fontconfig` settings - as a result we have default Sans Serif font from `fontconfig` which is used by `QWebView`, selected by user Sans Serif system font and different font sizes for UI and HTML-content.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D2902