Load custom plugins

Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN ovidiu.b13 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:07:31 UTC 2016

Hello,

How would one load plugins in Kdevelop?

There are a few scenarios in which this applies:

   - Linux: System installed KDevelop, custom dir (non system) installed
   plugin
   - Linux: Custom install (built) KDevelop and plugins
   - Windows: System installed KDevelop, custom dir installed plugin

I'm asking this, because I want to try out some plugins, that don't have a
release and/or provide a binary package for installing it to the system.
And since there is AFAIK no menu in KDevelop to specify this location, I
guess this could be set by a runtime environment variable.

Also https://techbase.kde.org/KDevelop5 and
https://techbase.kde.org/KDevelop don't show anything about this. Just a
link to the example on how to build your own plugin, which hasn't been
touched since May 2014.

Everything I found online reffers to KDevelop 4.

Regards,
*Ovidiu - Florin BOGDAN*
GeekAliens.com <http://ovidiu.geekaliens.com>
Kubuntu România <http://kubuntu.org>