KDevelop Zeal plugin.

Anton Anikin anton.anikin at htower.ru
Mon Nov 21 11:04:01 UTC 2016

Hi.

I'm developing the plugin for KDevelop, which provides integration of
Zeal's docsets into KDevelop documentation subsystem. Current pre-alpha
version published at phabricator: https://phabricator.kde.org/D3424.
It's can use already installed docsets and provides displaying help
pages with various ways including context help for current editor item
(provided by KDevelop DUChain subsystem).

We use some unmodified files from your source tree because of KDevelop
also GPL-licensed software. Plugin information page also contains link
to your main site.

Other developers offered me to add ability for installing (downloading)
docsets directly from KDevelop - it will be easiest and most comfortable
way for end-user. Therefore we have main question:

Can we use parts of your code and your site (links from code) as source
for downloading/updating docsets? If so, that would be great. Another
way - we can manually "mirror" your docsets from local zeal's
installation and distribute them with our "Get Hot New Stuff" API
(https://api.kde.org/frameworks/knewstuff/html/index.html), but this can
leads to "out of sync with upstream" situations.

What is your opinion about this question?

Thanks a lot for your great app!

--
Anton.