CMake project manager compilation issues with MinGW and Windows XP compatibility

Cordylus Interneter cordylus at zoho.com
Mon Nov 14 22:35:46 UTC 2016

 ---- On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 17:41:01 +0200 Kevin Funk <kfunk at kde.org> wrote ----
 > On Sunday, 13 November 2016 23:42:42 CET Cordylus Interneter wrote:
 > > Hello, I've built KDevelop on Windows XP using MinGW (natively, without
 > > MSYS). Should I post step-by-step guide on how it was done - where did i
 > > download suitable precompiled and source dependencies, how and in what
 > > order everything was compiled? I still have some troubles setting up
 > > environment, but the exe works fine, so you should definitely switch your
 > > Platform Toolset to XP-compatible one. As for dependencies compatibility,
 > > the only problem I had with Frameworks was the support for
 > > CreateSymbolicLinkW in KIO, but that can be easily commented out and
 > > recompiled separately.
 > >
 > > KDevelop itself compiled without issues, except for CMake project manager.
 > > Here are the fixes that had to be done in it, I expect them to be taken
 > > upstream:
 > >
 > > 1. in projectmanagers/cmake/parser/cmListFileLexer.c and
 > > cmListFileLexer.in.l - #ifdef WIN32
 > > + #ifdef _WIN32
 > > + #include <io.h>
 > > why: as for the missing underscore, I'm not sure how it slipped in and
 > > compiled at all, and the include is needed for isatty function declaration.
 > >
 > > 2. in projectmanagers/cmake/parser/EncodingC.c
 > > - //#include "kwsysPrivate.h"
 > > + /* #include "kwsysPrivate.h" */
 > > - //#include KWSYS_HEADER(Encoding.h)
 > > + /* #include KWSYS_HEADER(Encoding.h) */
 > > why: since C sources are compiled in std mode, C++ comments do not work.
 >
 > Thanks a lot for that information and for the feedback! Great to hear
 > KDevelop/KF5 still works fine for Windows XP.
 >
 > I'm planning to try to build KDevelop targeting the XP-compatible platform
 > toolset as well, using Emerge [1]. Will update the recipes if needed.
 >
 > Thanks again!
 >
 > PS: Got some screenshots? :)
 >
 > Cheers,
 > Kevin
 >
 > [1] https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/Windows
 >
 > --
 > Kevin Funk | kfunk at kde.org | http://kfunk.org

Attaching the welcome screen screenshot :)

I'm still trying to set the correct environment.
First, I set QT_PLUGINS_PATH to lib\plugins, so it found plugins.
Next, I copied bin\data\icontheme.rcc from the installer, so the icons appeared.
Now, how do I make it look for templates in bin\data instead of %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data?