duchain cache directories

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:33:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am I right that the kdevduchain caches are saved per session and not per project? That means that if you add a project to multiple sessions, you end up with multiple copies of the parser cache, which are probably redundant because they reflect the project and not the session in which it is opened?

Since someone is currently looking into related things, might I suggest to consider reorganising this cache so that duplicates are avoided if that is not the case at the moment?

And out of curiosity, wouldn't it be better (in whatever way) to use a database (sqlite3 for instance) rather than the current approach using plenty of individual files? Or would that lead to overhead and issues for which akonadi has become infamous?

R.