[Differential] [Commented On] D1555: Fix memory leak.

kfunk (Kevin Funk) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 10 06:13:51 UTC 2016

kfunk added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1555#29111, @cordlandwehr wrote:

  > Hmm, I see your point. To put this change in context: I have run KDevelop inside Valgrind since I wanted to debug a crash-on-close problem. Valgrind however showed tons of incomplete deletions of LanguageSupport objects, which vanished after adding these explicit deletes.

  I see.

  > Do you think that these Valgrind errors may be caused by having a crash in KDevelop before the QObject children relationships could take care for deleting the m_highlighting and m_refactoring objects?

  Likely, yes. I've been running KDevelop under ASAN for a while (with leak reports enabled), and I fixed tons of leaks already. I would have seen this one. You agree that this deletion should be taken care of via QObject relationship, right? In that case, we can abandon this patch.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPHP KDev-php

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D1555