KDE_FULL_SESSION / Open File dialog

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 2 15:20:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just noticed that KDevPlatform now falls back to using QFileDialog when KDE_FULL_SESSION isn't set.

Not that this is completely devoid of justification *), but isn't that what happens automatically when the framework integration plugin isn't installed, or the KDE platform theme isn't being used?

*) I've configured my own implementation of the KDE/Mac platform theme to prefer native file dialogs, but I suppose that I noticed the change in KDevPlatform because I actually find the KDE file dialogs more useful for opening a new project than the native OS X dialogs (which miss the expandable tree view for instance, and don't treat symlinks to directories as if they were directories).

R.