QtSingleApplication on OS X + Windows?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun May 1 16:21:34 UTC 2016

On Thursday April 21 2016 15:35:12 Kevin Funk wrote:

> > > Or get someone *hint* to test it and tell me it's working as intended. :)
> >
> > I only know someone who'd tell you that he expects to be able to use
> > multiple KDevelop instances ;)

Well, in the end I did end up trying as I had to adapt my patch anyway (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/126761/) and an incremental rebuild of only main.cpp wasn't exactly expensive. (Note to self: cmake isn't clever enough to rerun moc on main.cpp if you only change KDEVELOP_SINGLE_APP?!)

FWIW, I thus tested a QtSingleApplication-based kdevelop containing the extended Info.plist from my patch.

2 observations:
- my fear was apparently ungrounded that I wouldn't be able to launch multiple kdevelop instances. At least I could the way I'm used to do this, with `kdevelop --ps`.
- the open-docs-from-Finder functionality is apparently incomplete; the application is started and/or brought to the front, but no document is ever opened. That would be expected if I'm right that the `fileOpenRequest` signal isn't connected ...

R.