[Differential] [Commented On] D1275: outputview: use QProcess::nullDevice() as stdin for the build command

arichardson (Alex Richardson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 31 17:51:35 UTC 2016

arichardson added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1275#24017, @kfunk wrote:

  > Isn't the build system design flawed if it waits for input?
  >
  > This patch in turn simply works around and silently ignores the issue. I'd rather be "notified" about a command which is waiting for my input.

  In my case it runs a command over ssh. If my ssh-key isn't added yet ssh-add will block on stdin (which is not obvious because the output is not displayed). If I set stdin to /dev/null it will run the ksshaskpass GUI so the build can continue.

  I think a program printing an error because it got EOF instead of some input is more obvious than the build just waiting forever (I thought initially that it was just taking a long time).

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D1275