building with llvm/clang 3.5?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 13:56:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

Does anyone know if KDevPlatform and KDevelop are still supposed to build with clang 3.5 (specifically Apple's clang-600.0.57)? I'm getting symbol-not-found link errors (e.g. with CMakeBuildDirChooser functions) that appear to be due to visibility handling, and that disappear when I build with clang >= 3.7.0 .

Curiously I've been able to do an incremental build of the same (KDevelop) commit that now fails to build, probably because the problematic files didn't require rebuilding (or cmakecommonexport.h wasn't re-generated)?!

Depressingly, it took me half a day before I decided to try a more recent compiler, as a last resort :-/

R.