[KDE/Mac] Creating a OS X packaging receipt for DMGs?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:56:31 UTC 2016

On Wednesday March 09 2016 12:41:37 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

(too fast again)

> What I'm trying to figure out is the minimum subset of a full LLVM+Clang install that will allow to build and run KDevelop (and possibly other applications that use libclang).

What I'd also like to figure out is whether it's really impossible to use the Clang version bundled in Xcode. Apple doesn't include an llvm-config script, but it should be possible to work around that if nothing else is missing that is required.

There should be no drawbacks to such an approach if the library can be embedded (nor for people who build against shared resources like I do). If that's not doable you'd be looking at providing builds for the various supported Xcode versions, but you'd still get the advantage (on the build host) of not having to install and maintain an additional Clang install next to the one you're already obliged to install. And Apple's clang builds are up to 50% faster than any other build I've been able to test (on OS X). I have no idea whether that applies to just the parser too, but it certainly shouldn't hurt.

R.