Working for Kdevelop help needed

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Mar 9 10:41:54 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 12:00:24 AM CET Akshay Joshi wrote:
> Hello Kevin,
>
> This is Akshay Joshi, I am Computer Science Student at California State
> University, Chico. As a part of my project in Software Engineering I have
> chosen K-develop for contribution. I am really excited to work with you
> guys at KDE. So for starters I have built the environment for Kdevelop from
> your
>
> link
> http://kfunk.org/2016/02/16/building-kdevelop-5-from-source-on-ubuntu-15-10/
>
> I have also forked the GitHub project of Kdevelop.
> from here https://github.com/KDE/kdevelop

Heya,

Note this is not the upstream location of KDevelop, though.

Please use our Phabricator instance for creating reviews:
  https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Phabricator

> I have gone over the bugs page (https://bugs.kde.org/) but it is looking
> too overwhelming to take it all at once. So can you *please* tell me small
> piece of code, or small bugs that I can look at to work with.

Sure. Have a look at the list of junior jobs in KDevelop:
  http://tinyurl.com/zo8es45

These are the relatively trivial tasks you can work on.

Feel free to join #kdevelop on Freenode (IRC) to chat with us.

> Also I have
> noticed on Github  the Readme for building Kdevelop environment points to
> an older version link for compiling instructions can I update it with your
> link(
> http://kfunk.org/2016/02/16/building-kdevelop-5-from-source-on-ubuntu-15-10/
> ) and make a pull request for update in Readme.

Not necessary for now, we should update them with the proper techbase article.

Hope that helps,
Kevin